German extreme metallers Ketzer release their fourth full-length, Cloud Collider, today via Metal Blade Records.
Check out the newest single “Keine Angst” with a video clip created by Paul Schlesier / Pallid Eyes Films here.
Ketzer have checked in with the following comment about the clip as follows: “Recorded during two cold days and nights in Leipzig by the magnificent director Paul Schlesier of Pallid Eyes Films we hereby present to you the first video clip in the band’s history to our new single entitled ‘Keine Angst’. Press play and experience a nightmare put to film!”
For another preview of Cloud Collider, the album’s previous singles, “The Wind Brings Them Horses” and “No Stories Left” (featuring a special guest appearance by the legendary Proscriptor McGovern of Absu fame), can be still be heard at http://metalblade.com/ketzer.
At the same location you can order Cloud Collider in the following formats:
–180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
–red-brown marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
–black/white split colour vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
–blue w/white / red /black splattered vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
–amber marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
1. The Machine
2. Keine Angst
4. Cloud Collider
5. Forever Death
6. The Wind Brings Them Horses
7. No Stories Left
8. This Knife Won’t Stay Clean Today
9. (The Taste of) Rust and Bone
10. Light Dies Last
Starting with the release show for Cloud Collider today in Oberhausen, Germany at the Helvete venue, Ketzer are embarking on the “Black Bombs and Storm Clouds” European tour together with Danish act Slaegt. Here is a list of all upcoming shows announced so far for Ketzer:
Presented by Deaf Forever Magazine
12. April Oberhausen (Germany) – Helvete (Album release show!)
14. April London (UK) – Nambucca
15. April Paris (France) – Le Klub
16. April Zottegem (Belgium) – Kaffe Marboel
17. April Olten (Switzerland) – Coq d’Or
18. April Wörgl (Austria) – Komma
19. April Milan (Italy) – Blue Rose Saloon
20. April Parma (Italy) – Zu Club
22. April Budapest (Hungary) – Dürer Kert w/ Midnight
23. April Vienna (Austria) – Viper Room
24. April Nürnberg (Germany) – Z-Bau
25. April Kassel (Germany) – Goldgrube
26. April Hamburg (Germany) – Bambi Galore w/ Ultha & Vanum
27. April Berlin (Germany) – Zukunft am Ostkreuz
Ketzer Live 2019:
31. May Dortmund (Germany) – Rock Hard Nights @ Musiktheater Piano w/ Alcest
22. June Büßfeld (Germany) – MISE Open Air
19. October Paderborn (Germany) – Metal Inferno Festival
Looking on Ketzer‘s musical history, change is what has always defined their sound. From thrashing riffs to atmospheric blackened tunes, Ketzer is a band that has always aimed to defy genres. So what can we expect on Cloud Collider? Nothing more than a ride on a storm cloud, followed by a soft breeze in your face and, finally, a cleansing rainfall. Ketzer‘s fourth effort will surprise many as a shift into yet another direction, combining many of the band’s essential trademarks and carrying them one step further: Raging drum beats, harsh and powerfully thrashing riffs, as well as epic melodies that will haunt you long after the last tone has faded away.
Cloud Collider was recorded at Markus Stock’s infamous “Klangschmiede Studio E” as well as Laurent Teubl’s “Sculpt Sound Studios” in autumn 2018. The suitable visual expression for the album has been found by cover artist Adam Burke and illustrator Johannes Stahl. After three years of intese work, Ketzer have created an album that can only be described as a milestone in their career and a clean break from all expectations: this album is a storm.